SPECIAL INFORMATION ON GEORGIA HOUSE BILL 404, “Safe at Home Act”
HB 404, “Safe at Home” Act is on the SENATE RULES CALENDAR for “Third Reading and and Passage of Bills and Resolutions” for the Session beginning MONDAY MARCH 27 at 10am. It was heard before the Senate Judiciary Committee March 20th. It was approved by the committee and sent to the full Senate. Please contact your Georgia Senator NOW
How to contact your Georgia Senator:
Find your Georgia Senator and Representative:
1. This is just a sample letter. PLEASE copy this letter into your word processor, then save it as a new document with a new name (for example Letter to Robert Anybody HB404)
2. Please rewrite using your own words. Otherwise it will be discarded as a form letter instead of an honest expression of your opinion.
SAMPLE LETTER TO GA STATE SENATOR re HB404:
March XX, 2023
Senator Robert Anybody
GA Senate District 42
123-Z State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Dear Senator [LAST NAME],
Thank you for your service to our community.
I am a fulltime residential real estate investor in DeKalb County, and I am extremely concerned over HB404, the so-called “Safe at Home Act.” According to news reports, it passed unanimously in the House and will now be voted on by the Georgia Senate.
Here are my specific concerns:
- This bill offers no significant new protections for tenants
- Adding a 3 business day GRACE PERIOD is simply interfering w/ contract rights
- Limiting security deposits to 2x rent worsens housing affordability
- This bill is a down payment on a RENTAL REGISTRATION and worse, RENT CONTROL proposal next year.
Please reply to this email and tell me your thoughts on this proposed legislation currently in the Georgia Senate.
Proponents of this legislation keep talking about “fairness and equity,” but the unintended consequences of this bill will likely include the deterioration of Georgia’s supply of clean, decent, affordable housing. Mom & Pop landlords (like me) are already selling their retirement investments after being deprived of rental income during the pandemic by the CDC AGENCY ORDER BANNING RESIDENTIAL EVICTIONS. I remind you that this same order was found UNCONSTITUTIONAL by the US Supreme Court.
Again, thank you for your service to our community. Your commitment to private property ownership rights is genuinely appreciated.
Best regards, Sincerely, etc.
Your email address
To join Liberty REIA (free) please email LibertyREIA@mbadamsmoney99.com
Check back here for updates
Senator Parent is supporting this bill. If you have further questions, please let us know.